compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package offered. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 owner associates that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the long-term company you’ve been looking for!
The Automation Specialist is core to the success of our organization and our customers organizations. The Automation team works with customers to help select, design, and coach them through automation and software solutions that will improve their machine or manufacturing productivity. We currently have an opening for an additional team member focused on these PLC, HMI & Software Solutions based out of our Conshohocken or Newark location. This individual will be responsible for marketing, selling, and technically supporting customers and the sales team with respect to the Rockwell Automation Software Products, PLCs, HMIs, and complementary partner lines.
• Identify customer needs, propose solutions, and assist in providing the information that enables closing orders for automation & software products. May include direct customer technical support at local customer sites.
• Identify and implement training and education opportunities that will improve customers’ comfort and competency in utilizing our product lines and technology.
• Train internal staff on the sales and commercial aspects of PLC, HMI, and Software type products, including features, benefits, applications, and markets.
• Understand and implement marketing, promotion programs, and product launches from Rockwell Automation and other core partner product businesses.
• Analyze market conditions, develop an annual business plan, and coordinate its implementation including strategies to position against competition and grow market penetration.
• Lead and coordinate the sales teaming efforts (including Distributor Peers and Vendor Partners) required to identify and to close account conversion and project sales opportunities for assigned projects.
• Track and document customer projects and opportunities in Rumsey’s CRM system.
• Participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in PLC, HMI, and Software and complimentary product areas. (Travel Required)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Core competency for the current technology as it relates to Software and PLC/HMI products including programming and configuration software.
• Strong presentation skills in a group and individual situations.
• Ability to effectively listen, communicate, and gain consensus.
• Able to identify and demonstrate technology solutions for customer applications.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and/or commensurate experience.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. To apply online, https://www.rumsey.com/jobs to complete our employment application.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities