compensation: not listed employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) is to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research, promoting individualized treatment, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care.
We have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into CF research and drug development, the results of these bold investments have been astonishing. A few decades ago, most people with CF didn’t live long enough to attend elementary school. Today, many people born with CF are living into their 30s, 40s, and beyond.
Would you like to go to work every day knowing that your work is important and effective? Do you want to go home every day knowing that you have made a difference?
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind is seeking a Senior Development Manager in our Delaware Valley Chapter office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Accountable for revenue of assigned events (minimum of 1 priority special event/revenue campaign) and typically may have responsibility for an additional priority initiative such as Tomorrow’s Leaders or Community Engagement program as well as I or M events
• Working under general guidance, develops fundraising plans and budgets designed to achieve growth over prior year
• Ensures key fundraising best practices are followed and key performance benchmarks are achieved
• Identifies, recruits, cultivates new corporate sponsors, committee members, chairs, fundraising participants, team leaders, donors and volunteers
• Recruits, cultivates and works to deepen engagement of volunteers for assigned events/initiatives
• Coaches and manages volunteers on fundraising and recruitment strategies. Encourages volunteers to invite their personal and professional networks to engage with the organization too.
• Plans, implements and attends key committee meetings and events
• Renews and upgrades participants, committee members and sponsors
• Networks with CF families, patients, volunteers, major donors and corporate sponsors to upgrade and recruit new business
• Identifies and assists with cultivation of prospects for Individual Giving and regional/national corporate participation
• Develops sponsorship proposals and negotiates agreements in conjunction with supervisor approval
• Secure venues and negotiates contracts with ED/AED/Sr. DD supervision
• Conducts Corporate recruitment events and post event wrap up and evaluation meetings
• Plans, implements, and attends events
• Seeks underwriting, in-kind donations and auction items
• Provides coaching and monitoring to staff as assigned and may have management oversight of interns.
• Responsible for acquiring new volunteers, corporate supporters and sponsors Education/Service
• Organizes frequent community engagement opportunities to help inform prospective and current volunteers about the CF Foundation’s mission, fundraising events, programs and services.
• Communicates about CF Compass and its multifaceted service opportunities to key leaders, event participants, care team members and CF community members.
• Works in partnership with CF community members to ensure that those impacted by the disease play an integral role in the organization.
• Recruits community advocates and broadly communicates national and local advocacy messages.
• Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of care center staff. Refers CF patients and family members to area accredited care centers as necessary.
• Stays up to date on the drug development pipeline, educational resources and tools available on CFF.org for the purpose of communicating current and relevant CF information.
• Assures that community engagement opportunities, events, and meetings organized by CFF, support the wellbeing of people with CF and their loved ones.
• Educates CF families, patients, caregivers and other CF community members with up to-date information on research progress, CFF Community Engagement programs and initiatives, CF Compass, local and national relevant legislative issues, CFF.org resources such as the Clinical Tool Trial Finder and other services provided
• Completes all required training and maintains current knowledge of all financial and accounting systems and procedures
• Records and enters constituent information into record-keeping system to facilitate the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes of the foundation
• Prepares forms, materials and reports for assigned events and submits post-event follow up documentation in a timely manner
• Accurately forecasts revenue and tracks expenses for assigned events
• Carries out all financial and accounting responsibilities in compliance with audit procedures
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience required
• Minimum 4 years of fundraising/sales experience; and good customer service skills
• Strong volunteer management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and staff
• Strong attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel
WHAT WE OFFER:
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation recognizes the importance of employees taking care of their health and safety needs and those of their families. The Foundation strives to create and maintain a balanced work schedule for its employees and promotes quality of life through its benefits. In addition to the 12 holidays and two personal days, summer socials events, internal mobility and shortened summer hours, we provide:
•Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision healthcare insurance.
•Competitive salaries with incentive plans.
•401(k) plan with generous employer matching contributions.
•Exciting learning and development programs to support professional growth.
•Employee discounts – computers, phone plans, travel, theme parks.
•Generous paid holidays and shortened workdays on Fridays in the summer and before major holidays.
•Employee wellness programs.
•Business casual work environment.
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter including salary history to www.cff.org under “Careers”
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers