Hamer-Fischbein, a GROWING division of Duravant, designs and manufactures bagging equipment and packaging solutions under the Hamer and Fischbein brands is seeking a Field Service Technician. This person performs successful start-ups and training of company automated bag filling, bagging and bag closing equipment. Performs start up service of equipment related to electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic parts. Applies knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in servicing and trouble-shooting equipment issues.
QR Code Link to This Post
Candidate must live in or around (within 60-minute commute to major metropolitan airport) Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Newark or Boston. Must be able to travel to Minneapolis, MN weekly for training period. After training, you will work remotely.
• Performs start-up of new machines and maintains accurate service reports consistent with Hamer-Fischbein’s guidelines and procedures.
• Provide superior customer service skills and represent the Hamer-Fischbein brand when speaking with our customers or onsite at their facilities.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
• Familiar with PLC programming.
• Assist customers with technical programming and troubleshooting.
• Assist and trains customers on operating equipment.
• Provide over the phone customer service support to our customers.
• 5+ years of field service experience working with capital equipment or similar products.
• Ability to travel 70%
• Excellent mechanical/electrical capability or capacity to achieve.
• Solid mechanical problem-solving skills.
• Professional communication, attitude and image.
• Good verbal and written presentation, as well as being organized, a good planner and having good interpersonal skills.
• Must supply your own basic tools.