Glyph Language Services is currently seeking purposeful and meticulous Social Work Case Coordinators with child welfare experience, case management and/or mental health professional experience, and bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English (absolutely required) to fill positions in the Philadelphia area serving child refugees with the Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). Signing bonus offered.
Case Coordinators provide child welfare based recommendations on individual unaccompanied alien children of refugees (UAC) cases, particularly in the areas of family reunification, identification of children with special needs and development of corresponding recommendations, staffing cases, reviewing individual service planning, collaborating with care providers in providing community support and medical services, troubleshooting special or unique cases.
Case Coordinators will work closely with the Federal Field Specialists and are responsible for implementing ORR policies and procedures; liaising with local immigration officials, non-profit agencies and legal service providers; providing guidance and direction to local care providers; making transfer and release decisions for UAC in their designated regions.
* Master of Social Work (MSW) degree or equivalent educational background with at least two years of demonstrated child welfare, case management, social service, and/or mental health professional experience or
* Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or equivalent educational background with at least five years of demonstrated child welfare, social service, case management and/or mental health professional experience
* Experience working with immigrant, refugee, and underserved populations is preferred
* Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish (candidates must successfully pass a Spanish language test in reading/speaking/listening)
* Provide thorough case management, including but not limited to, tracking new client placement and progress, visiting local facilities and interviewing minor clients, facility staff, family members, and attorneys of record, making transfer suitability assessments and follow-up services determinations
* Participate in case reviews with facility staff on a weekly basis
* Provide third-party child welfare assessment of minor clients' cases
* Hold weekly meetings with the Federal Staff to discuss difficult cases
* Assist the Federal Staff in providing training/technical assistance
* Attend court hearings and communicates information to legal service providers working on Unaccompanied Alien Child (UAC)'s immigration cases
* Participate in area taskforce (coalition) meetings
* Keep records on the status of clients' cases including those awaiting travel arrangements
* Prepare written reports regarding progress and issues related to program trends
* Assist in identifying placement for children who age out at 18 years of age
Each hire will be provided
* Laptop, printer/scanner/fax machine
* Smart phone
* Office supplies for the year (including ink cartridges)
This a home-based position requiring travel within the Philadelphia area. Case Coordinators will use their personal vehicles for travel and will be reimbursed at the Federal mileage reimbursement rate.
Apply by clicking on the link below and submitting your current resume/CV and cover letter outlining any relevant work experience and/or credentials that you may have.
About Glyph Language Services
Glyph Language Services offers comprehensive translation and localization services for eLearning, web, corporate communications, software and multimedia projects. Glyph delivers language services that empower its clients to grow globally through a combination of strategic vision, industry-leading tools and practices, top-flight linguist talent, cultural savvy and a deep focus on customer needs. Glyph was founded in 2001 in Seattle, WA and is now based in Spokane, WA.
Glyph is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. Glyph is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers