compensation: Contract position - $20.00 to $22.00 /hour employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Eldergrow offers a therapeutic connection through innovative classes and services, bringing nature indoors for seniors living in dementia care and skilled nursing facilities. We are currently looking for a friendly, extroverted individual for the greater King of Prussia region. Very part-time - approx 27-28 hours per month with potential for growth.
This a very gratifying and fun experience as you will engage residents in meaningful ways. Must be friendly, outgoing, and comfortable around elders who have cognitive and physical needs. Learn more about our mission and the work we do at www.eldergrow.org or enjoy this recent article in Senior Living News!
This role is largely about being a conversationalist and making a connection with our elders, while building relationships with the facility staff. As you will be leading/teaching a group, you must be able to carry your voice and be comfortable in front of a group. Strong gardening skills required!
An ideal candidate would also be interested in helping us to grow Eldergrow in their local markets as well. We provide materials and marketing information that the Educator can use to share Eldergrow with other memory care and skilled nursing communities.
Current Hours & Compensation Information:
Approx 26-28 hours per month with potential for growth
Current accounts in Bryn Mawr, Collegeville and Lafayette Hill, Towamencin and Southampton neighborhoods
Monthly online video conference call the last Friday of each month from 12:30pm - 1:30pm EST
We request educators to agree to a one year commitment
To be considered, reply to this posting and include your resume along with a personal statement as to why this role interests you and how you meet the qualifications listed below. Thank you.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Experience with Elders who may have both physical and cognitive limitations
* Strong gardening skills
* Must have access to dependable internet, a computer and printer, as well as experience using email Google Apps such as Google Drive. We require that educators upload photos after every class, so a smart phone is helpful.
* Able to pass a Background check to work with vulnerable populations
* Insured vehicle required - you will drive to communities who have signed up for our service and occasionally pick up gardening supplies.
* Must be able to stand for at least an hour at a time. Able to kneel/bend down to maintain garden. You must be able to push a large, mobile garden on wheels (not lift).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers