QR Code Link to This Post
PART TIME FIELD REPRESENTATIVES
On behalf of RTI International, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Part-Time Field Representatives to work on a government sponsored research study.
Field Representatives will work on the National Survey of Child and Adolescent Well-Being (NSCAW) and will be responsible for conducting computer-assisted interviews with caregivers, children, and investigative caseworkers.
The position is part-time, offering roughly 20-25 hours per week between April 2019- August 2021. We are interested in individuals who can work a flexible schedule. This would include weekend hours (Day/Night) and weekday hours (Day/Night). Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Availability
- Conduct valid, high quality in-person interviews, and child assessments in compliance with all project protocols covered at training and documented in the project manual
- Adhere to a schedule set by supervisor that ensures respondents are contacted in a timely fashion
- Need to be available to conduct interviewing during the field collection period, which is currently scheduled for April 2019 through August 2021, as follows:
- At least 20-25 hours per week, but sometimes as much as 40 hours per week (in weeks involving mandatory training). Note the number of hours in each work week may fluctuate depending on case load
- Work a flexible schedule that includes weekday day and night shifts and weekend day and night shifts.
- Must be able to spend at least 4 hours (not counting travel time) locating and contacting selected respondents on each field visit when work is plentiful
- Positive, self-motivated
- Effective interpersonal and verbal communications skills
- Experience using a laptop computer
- Reliable personal automobile and phone available for business use
- A valid drivers’ license and automobile insurance as required by your state
- Have regular access to an in-home internet connection for data transmissions
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment
- Availability for overnight travel either by personal automobile or air travel as specifically required for project trainings and other activities
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or have completed at least 3 years towards a degree in clinical or counseling psychology or a degree in a related field such as clinical social work; If no degree, must have relative experience such as interviewing children
- Must be physically able to carry the necessary equipment, including a laptop computer. The total weight of required equipment for a child/caregiver interview visit is approximately 20 pounds
- Must be physically able to go up and down stairs with equipment if necessary
- Must be physically able to perform the required child assessments, including sitting on the floor to perform assessment activities with young children
- One year of experience directly or indirectly related to interviewing respondents on field studies is preferred
- Experience conducting direct assessments with children including the following assessments: Battelle Development Inventory (BDI-2), Bayley Infant Neurodevelopmental Screener (BINS), Preschool Language Scales (PLS-5), Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test (KBIT-2), and the Woodcock Johnson (WJ-III)
There is an in-person training session tentatively scheduled for March 18th – March 23rd in Durham, NC. Attendance at training is mandatory. Completion of training marked by a passing score on a child assessment certification is required to continue with the project. RTI will cover the cost of travel, meals, and lodging.
- This position falls under the Services Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed
- Per diem for overnight travel and mileage reimbursement
Please Apply Here:https://app.headwayinresearch.com/rti-nscaw-mar-2019-ptfr-30941-camd/
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.